The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down, and stopped being cheap...picked up lights that could actually reach the bottom of my tank.

The Second pic is of my water sprite that was 2-4 inches with one big leaf plus a smaller leaf, and grew an inch in about 6 weeks.

First pic is four days having semi proper lights like the par chart suggested for my 55. Crazy growth. Thank you Hoppy for "Showing me the light" Cheesy I know...but really thank you.:proud:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Said it before, but I'll say it again - Hoppy is the best source of accurate info on lighting (and other things as well !) that I've ever seen on any of the 5 forums I belong to !
Keep up the great work, Hoppy - I for one, really enjoy reading your fine posts. You're extremely helpful, in my book.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
that plant should grow 1"+ everyday if you are doing everything correctly. in the pictures i can see that you have green algae on plants and substrate and it is caused by low Nitrates. increase the co2 and N and watch that plant grow more crazier.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Hoppy, you must be a patient man to put up with everyone asking you the same questions over and over......and over and over. Maybe you should change your name to Helppy. Most impressive is that after reading probably hundreds of your posts, I have never read one where you became rude or mean like I have noticed in the posts of many others. Not that I don't think it is funny sometimes when someone gets smacked down a little, but still, I have more respect for those who tread the higher path.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Having solid data (PAR readings) to back things up makes a world of difference.

Nothing drives me crazy more than a bunch of enthusiasts sitting around arguing about something that could have already been conclusively determined if only someone with the knowledge and resources had sat down to work on it.

After hearing one too many nonsense ******* arguments about air/fuel mixture on my dad's drag car I offered to pitch in half of the money if he would buy a datalogger and an O2 sensor. Now the crazy ******* speculation has moved on to other areas finally. One of these days I will also tire of the whole "Did my wheels slip" obsession and spring for wheel slip sensors too. :)

Having valid data to go by allows you to move on to other parts of the discussion rather than repeating the same nonsense over and over and over again with no progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.