The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a long over due shout out.

I'm setting up a new tank, was looking for a good CO2 regulator and luckily came across some posts on this forum about custom built stuff and reputable makers like @Bettatail.

Even though I've been involved in planted tanks for many years, never knew such things existed, and I'm glad I found out and got an awesome regulator from him.

A few things deserved a shout out
  • Dealing with him was a pleasure. I changed my mind and wanted to get some extra bits to turn the regulator I got into one with mounted bubble counter etc... it was a lot of back and forth. All the way he was super helpful, patient, and courteous. Amazing dude.
  • Quality - oh my it's nice. I set up a couple of CO2 systems before, using aquarium commercial (Aquatek I think) regulators, and this is a WORLD difference. I'm amaze at the build quality, the smooth turn of the needle valve and how it holds bubble rate just SO constant. Awesomeness.

I would highly recommend anyone looking for regulators to get custom builds from reputable builders on this forum like bettatail.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I second this. I was looking for a needle valve or metering valve for decent prices. Even sent @Bettatail asking for a specific brand. Sadly he didn't have what I was looking for. Fast forward about 2 weeks later. He gives me a headsup on some very nice metering valves, and passes the deal onto me. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
guys, no vendor review, :p

I build DIY co2 system as another hobby, sell them to off load my hobby expenses, that is about it. I wish the sale could at least cover partial expenses for my photography gears though, but not quite, :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.