The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few pictures of my new Thai micro Crabs. Right now they are pretty much alone minus 3 Olive Nerites and 1 Ramshorn snail.

20L
Black Blasting Sand
2 Sponge Filters
Cholla Wood
Wood Log???
Clay pots
2 Shrimp Shelters

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very nice, I'm gonna have to get some of these guys eventually. Id toss some more plants in there so they have more hiding/climbing options and more areas to look for food.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have about 7-8 crabs in there I could only find the 3 this morning. There is nothing else really in the tank so it doesn't seem like those guys were to interested in hiding.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
No recorded breeding as of yet...been watching for news on this.
Something is missing from their environment IMO and it could be similar to the Blue Crab
which is salt water but migrates into fresh water to breed.
If you will pardon the technical inacuracy...an insect doesn't have the intelligence to understand that it is in captivity so if no breeding is happening logically something is missing from the environment that they are living in.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
LED, Thai Micro Crab, Crabs, Night time viewing

These remind me of spiders. I had one at one point, but I haven't seen him since. Of course, he could just be hiding, since it's a rather heavily planted 29g.
They do look kinda like spiders. They are really good at hiding, and they seem to love the sponge filters in the corners. Every time that I have seen them, except for one occasion, they are hanging out on the sponge filters.

Does anyone know what LED color would be best for night time viewing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts