The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like everybodies opinion on something. I will be adding about 7 angels to my 120 and want to add some schooling fish and was thinking about bleading heart tetras but get conflicting reports about not adding them in with angels because of fin nipping. What does everybody think and would it make any difference if the angels are veils or standard fins. I might consider adding Cardinals instead of the Bleeding hearts if they might be a problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Bleeding Hearts are known for being a bit nippy. That being said, I know of several tanks that include them with angels, with no problems. If it's a concern, why not go for a more traditional choice, like, Rummynose? I don't think I've ever heard of them being nippy.

Bleeding Hearts are very cool-looking, though, with that pink color of theirs!

·
Registered
423 Posts
^not quite. Neons are typically the ones that become angel snacks. Cardinals tend to be larger then neons.

That being said, cardinals would make a very eye catching choice, but you may find it very hard to keep a good number of them. They're very sensitive to water conditions. Not the best of schoolers unless you've got a whole bunch of them but they tend to school loosely.

I've also got a school of rummynose tetras and they are hardy yet elegant fish. I actually like them more than the cardinals. Great, tight schoolers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.