The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Since its christmas and everyone is asking me what I want, I thought it was a great time to pick up a PH meter and maybe a tds meter.

Could you guys recommend a good one that is not to expensive but will do the job?

Is there a meter that does both or do I need separate?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
TDS at amazon
HM Digital TDS-EZ TDS Water Quality Tester with Auto-off Function TDS-EZ
PH at amazon
Neewer New Mini Digital Pen Type PH Meter PH-009 I Multimeter Tester Hydro
buy 2-3 to compare readings.
Or the best one so far for me
marinedepot:
American Marine Pinpoint pH Monitor Package
Don't bother with Hanna or Milwaukee they are crap.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry plas (or whoever) I looked up that PH meter. It says to make sure to buy calibration solution. I see calibration solution but there are a couple diff. types. Do I just need the 7.0 one or do I need the others also?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry plas (or whoever) I looked up that PH meter. It says to make sure to buy calibration solution. I see calibration solution but there are a couple diff. types. Do I just need the 7.0 one or do I need the others also?
7 and 4 off you are doing 7ish and below shrimp. 10 calibration solution only if you are housing critters above a pH of 7....or more like 8. One thing to think about.....if one meter gives false reasons.....how do you know the reading is incorrect? I always use two meters. Same with tds for me. And the suggestion above, about the pinpoint meters is sage advice. Those are considered one of the most reliable in our hobbies. Good luck. Read ALL of your instructions very well no matter which one you get. And NEVER store your meter probe in ro/di water. There are also storage solutions as well as probe cleaning solutions. Storing in regular water will be fine off you don't let it dry out. .......short story long....just read the instructions well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
i have api nitrate and i use the tetra master kit for the other test (ph,gh,kh, ammonia, nitrite) i dont mess with tds well i never have any way but i dont keep high grade crs either and my tiger shrimp seem to do ok

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got sick of the old drip tester too. I just got the American Marine Pinpoint pH Monitor and pretty happy so far. But will be gettin a cheapo just to compare. Def go with one with 0.01 accuracy not 0.1. If your going to spend the money mine as well be as precise as you can get. (thats if you have a gift $$$ limit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts