The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For giggles my brother and I were messing around in the machine shop he works at, decided we should do something productive and make a test tube holder. We grabbed some spare/left over nylon stock, made some measurements and started in. Somehow I always manage to knock over a test tube or somehow foul things up when testing, so with this nifty" I got nothing better to do on a Friday night project :D" we knocked out the 8-way over engineered test tube holder.

Anywho...pictures :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
When I had access to a machine shop I used to make far more useless items when I was bored. That looks great and is very handy....

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Looks good, but is sorta like using a blow torch to light a cigarette. If I had that shop I would be making really important stuff, like ....... maybe test tube holders?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
If I had a blow torch, I'd light a cigarette with it.

This shop reminds me of my school's metal & wood shop. Fun times.

·
Registered
351 Posts
neat stuff, i wish i had access to heavy machinery.

my friend was asking me to make her make up stuff out of acrylic. i was thinking of making something similar to that but out of acrylic and for her make up brushes and stuff. i made her a nail polish holder which was kinda cool

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I like it :proud:
Didn't have nylon stock available so making mine I used oak 1x2 routed the edges 1/2 round then polyurethane top coated it. Yours looks much more,,, 'lab like'? Think it's cool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are right...kinda overkill. But hey, when your bored and have nothing better to do, I guess its time to make random almost useless stuff.

Were in the process of creating an aluminum hood with Cree 3w led's, powercoat finish, thermal controlled fans, etc. Will be a fun little project. I'll start a thread as we get closer to making everything happen. Somebody will enjoy pictures :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You guys are right...kinda overkill. But hey, when your bored and have nothing better to do, I guess its time to make random almost useless stuff.

Were in the process of creating an aluminum hood with Cree 3w led's, powercoat finish, thermal controlled fans, etc. Will be a fun little project. I'll start a thread as we get closer to making everything happen. Somebody will enjoy pictures :)

Thanks!
Now that I look forward to! If only my garage was a little bigger I could duplicate your shop there....maybe a lot bigger?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts