·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are my favorite fish, I have 10 in this 125, and I wish I had room for more (too many other fish in there). I'm all wishy-washy about how I'm going to stock two 55s I'll be setting up this winter, but I have half a mind to do one as a species tank of Buenos - they are too entertaining! Trust me, the more you have the more impressive the schooling behavior. I don't know how old yours are, but mine have slowly started to reach the 3" mark - esp. the extra large (and I mean that nicely) females. They're like tuna cruising the ocean - lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice video. It cracked me up reminding me of my past breeding group of this species. I had about 12-15 adults in a 75 and I must agree that the more of them there are in the group, the more entertaining they are to watch. My best description of them is that they are just crazy all over the place, very fast moving and fairly tight schooling.

Speaking of their size when I last bred them, they laid well over 500 eggs in a 5 gallon tank and most of them hatched. As they grew, I split them up into 2 - 30 gallon tanks and then the bigger ones started eating the tales off of the smaller ones. I sold a few dozen biggest ones then thought putting the rest in a 75 would give them some room. Nope, the bigger ones are still eating the tales off of the smaller ones! Lesson learned: Sell them at 3/4".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts