The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this moss that grows in the very wet portions of my property and I have seen it partially submerged in creeks. It attaches loosely to rocks and decaying wood with a very thick root mat. Has anybody ever tried this moss in there tank and if so we're you able to ID it once it converted to fully submerged (assuming it will grow submerged), or beforehand. Thanks in advance.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I had tried it submerged but found a TON of things that were living in it floating in the prep bucket prior to submerging it. After a few weeks of letting it sit partially submerged in a 2.5 gallon I saw a ton of other things sprouting. Thinking about it, I think the 2.5 I put this in is still sitting in my basement, just been untouched for 3-4 years and the moss is still growing.

IMO do not put this in a submerged environment. If it's a paludarium, vivarium, or terrarium it will do just fine in a moist environment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.