·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The statistics:
(2) Cheapo brand 10 gallon aquariums
(1) Homemade ever evolving stand
(1) bag of ADA aquasoil amazonia
(2) 32 watt GE 6500K bulbs (ODNO X2 @ 6.5 hrs photoperiod)
(1) 20 lb CO2 tank with 6 way splitter and diffusers :biggrin:
Numerous pieces of juniper driftwood.

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Planted pictures:

I apologize for the size of the photographs. I'm still trying to figure out the resizing thing.

Also- the large rock on top of the driftwood is meant to keep the wood down temporarily. It is not part of the aquascape. Unfortunately the wood was not saturated enough to stay down when I scaped last night.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice wood!

Do you have any closeups? Are you using any of the plants you got from me in there?

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
James From Cali Thanks, me too.

WingsdlcYes there are some of your plants in there ( Marsilea, riccia, crypts)). I still have a ton of left overs that I will be posting on S&S soon. BTW- any tips on planting that Marsilea, it was hands down the hardest plant to get to stay in the substrate I have every dealt with. Many parts of it are still half planted.

sfcallen Actually those are riccia rocks ala Amano style. I thought I would try the riccia rocks that create a hedge around the transition area.

I am going to put micro chain sword in where the HC is on the first nano. Again this is a totally different scape when there isn't a 5 pound rock smack dab on top of the driftwood smashing everything into the substrate. :angryfire

Here are some better shots:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Badcopnofishtank,
What I have found to work best with the 4-LC is to cut it down to smaller pieces. Then down worry about putting gravel over the runner. It will grow through and above the gravel. Give this plant some time and it will take over your tank!

Best of luck. Let me know if you have other questions on the plants.

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wingsdlc Thank you! I will replant it in a day or two. I am trying to get my hands on some E Tenellus for the foreground, as I don't like the HC theme in this tank. I also was considering adding some rocks under the "Stump" in order to give it a "root over rock" look.

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think all the way to 17-18 gallons according to AGA standards are considered "nano" tanks.

I like the size due to economy, aquascaping ability and conveinance of easy replacement if one breaks or leaks.

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
typically- I enjoyed finding the wood I have access to manzanita and nice juniper. I have leftovers that I may be selling soon.

I am in the process of gathering some stones for under the "stump" I am not happy with the crypts their it looks too plain.

·
Registered
420 Posts
W-w-wait a min. I don't remember that stump?
Nice score!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Guess no one's doin Bog Swamp #3 :(

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
yoko-Actually it was several pieces of driftwood placed together. Almost everyone enjoyed the "look" of #3, so I went a step further and made a swamp looking stump.

I am reworking the blue area in pic one for a better scape for this one.

Sfcallen is sending me some tenellus for the foreground which would better compliment the scape in Nano #2. I was able to take the rock out that was weighing the driftwood down today as well; and I was able to tie some narrow leaf java to the upper driftwood. The amazonia substrate likes to leach coloring into the water column but it will pay off in the long run.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.