The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey folks. I just set up a 10g planted tank for my wife's classroom. I want to let it grow out a bit at the house first (gives it time to mature, make sure there are no issues and teach her a little about how to care for it).

What I am curious about is can I set it up with the CO2 system I bought for my 120g and run it for a month or so to help it grow out, then remove it and either forego CO2 or switch to Excel without a ton of issues? Will the plants get acclimated to the elevated levels and then suffer (not emotionally) once it's removed?

Since there is no fauna in the tank at the moment I am thinking about cranking the CO2 to 11 and seeing if I can get everything rooted and growing before the move.

Tank: Standard 10g
Light: Beamswork 18 x 1w LED
Substrate: Mr. Aqua, Aquasoil
Plants: Yes
Water: Wet

Pic of the tank, I have some more planting to do in the back but I'm waiting for the canister filter to arrive.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If you're not planning on running co2 on the tank permanently then I wouldn't bother at all. Plants will likely suffer as they transition back to the lower levels of co2. Plus how do you plan on moving the tank later? If you get the plants growing and rooted well now that just makes the job of tearing down and moving later that much harder.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 10g, was just planning on lowering water level to where is about halfway down the rocks, cover and transport to the school. It's about 2 miles down the road, about a 3 minute trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.