The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am planing to set up a planted aquarium I the near future. I have had planted aquariums in the past. I have been pretty successful with low light set ups, however my main frustration was with my anubias java fern. I could never get them to stick to the driftwood. After 2 months the thread holding them down would rot or loosen and the plants would fall off.
I understand that both genus can grow emersed. I will not be able to set up this new tank till spring. So my question is. Can I attach either of these plants to driftwood now and grow them emersed in a large bowl in my orchid case till I am ready to submerced in the new. They would get plenty of light and the orchids would enjoy the extra humidity.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I use superglue to hold my anubias down so much easier then thread. . Just glue the rhizome down, or you can use fishing line it wont rott away like cotton thread

I'm really not sure I understand the question, you want to take them out of your current tank and grow them emersed? Why not just leave them in your current tank?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I use superglue to hold my anubias down so much easier then thread. . Just glue the rhizome down, or you can use fishing line it wont rott away like cotton thread

I'm really not sure I understand the question, you want to take them out of your current tank and grow them emersed? Why not just leave them in your current tank?
But don't you want the line to rot away once the plant is established...I used cotton thread on my java fern and a month later it rotted away and the plant had already attached it self.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.