The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started my dry start carpet for my new tank and one thing has me questioning my timing. Here in CT it hasnt warmed up yet. I also tend to turn the house heat down quite a bit because its just 2 of us in the house. There are times when its in the 50s or 60s inside.
Will this affect the plants adversely?
Anyone have any tips if so aside heating the entire house. I could probably point a small space heater at the tank with the room door closed but Im afraid that would just run constantly or be a fire hazard.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently started my dry start carpet for my new tank and one thing has me questioning my timing. Here in CT it hasnt warmed up yet. I also tend to turn the house heat down quite a bit because its just 2 of us in the house. There are times when its in the 50s or 60s inside.
Will this affect the plants adversely?
Anyone have any tips if so aside heating the entire house. I could probably point a small space heater at the tank with the room door closed but Im afraid that would just run constantly or be a fire hazard.
Thanks
I've honestly never tried this, but perhaps you could set up a heat lamp of some kind? The kind used for reptiles might work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.