The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 48" T5HO dual fixture thats running great and my plants are loving it with the addition of co2 and ei fertz....The only thing is im running a 6500k bulb and a 10000k bulb and as good as the plants look, id really prefer a bulb that aids color to my GBR's and Bolivians...Any suggestions on a temp or certain bulb that can replace the 10000k bulb or even the 6500k if needed.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I think the best color temp should run from 5500-6500 K. That range best fits the color of daylight at noontime. Just recently I purchases this bulb 50 Watt 120 Volt Spiral 5500K 90+ CRI E26 Self Ballasted Compact Fluorescent - Photography Lamps http://www.planetbulb.com/products/...-Self-Ballasted-Compact-Fluorescent--CFL.html

It produces a white light. This is a supplemental light that's used in conjunction with sunlight. I chose it because it has a high color rendering index. It also comes in a 30 watt version

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Is there a difference in light output between using, say, a roseate bulb and a 6500K bulb? For example, I'm thinking if there is already one 6500K bulb in there, adding another 6500K bulb would double the light intensity. If you added a roseate bulb instead, is that still double, or is it less than double, etc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.