The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm Aldian from Jakarta, Indonesia.

I've known aquascape for about a year, and I fell in love with discus about 7 months ago, and started to make an aquascaped discus planted tank.

Actually I started with smaller aquascape fish first. But small fish is kind of hard to see and kind of boring (except for cory cats), so I looked for bigger fish.

I came across to discus. I love its color and shape. And because of my tank temp is stable at 27 - 29 C (81 - 84 C), I tried to keep 3 small discus in my 2 feet tank.

I found out that the tank is to small. So I gave myself a birthday gift of a bigger rimless open top tank: 145 x 50 x 50 cm (57 x 20 x 20") with sump filter & DIY light :)

And here's my 5-month old aquascaped discus planted tank which I named Telaga Tenteram Discus. It means Discus Serene Lake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! I love the moss and fern on the drift wood. What are the long thin plants in the middle...crinum calamistrium?
Thx!

Yep that's crinum calamistratum. One of my fav plants :)
Unfortunately the leaves stays thin because of no CO2 injection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.