The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if or what any difference there is in the tek T5 4 bulb 36" fixture compared to the aqua medic's ocean light 36" T5 4 bulb. i can get the ocean light cheaper but is it as good as the tek? thanks. jim......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know some one in the aquarium trade who can get them for me. not sure of there exact source. do you have an oponion about them as compared to teks? go to aqua-medic's website maby they can give you a supplier or will sell them direct.jim.........

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
One thing you could compare is the ballast. The Tek's use a Triad made by Universal Lighting and they are a very high quality programmed start ballast. Also, the endcaps on my Tek are higher quality than say my Current USA Nova Extreme 4x39 watt T5. The Teks are very heavy duty in construction... Even the on off switches are backlit with water resistant covers.

I don't have any info on the AM, but you could start with components to help make a decision.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i know some one in the aquarium trade who can get them for me. not sure of there exact source. do you have an oponion about them as compared to teks? go to aqua-medic's website maby they can give you a supplier or will sell them direct.jim.........

I don't have an opinion, but I've heard good things and they make a T5 2 bulb version at a reasonable price compared to Teks, just seem harder to find that's why I asked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.