1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
I use the conduit system as well. However I have found the easiest way to hang the fixture form the conduit is to simply use a couple of lengths of black chain. They are simple, super easy to adjust and inexpensive as well.

Mike

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i have chain as well, and its kind of annoying to hold the chain and lift it one side at a time to adjust the light, plus theres always the possibiblity of it slipping and having a messy accident. i just wanted to make the setup look more streamlined/nicer profile, etc

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Those clamp things require you to do the same thing. You still need to hold up the fixture and tighten the clamps. Check with bharada on that.

The chains I have are thin, black and look just as "stream-lined" if not more so than the hangers you are considering.

Mike

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
One could very easily drill the appropriate sized hole in the conduit and use the griplock hanger system. The end of it has a solid "chock" somewhat like a rock climber would use to wedge into a crack. This chock is kind of round/oblong and much bigger diameter than the SS airline wire. So the drill diameter would have to be a tiny bit larger diameter than the wire. Thread the wire though the hole and the chock is stopped at the end.The Tek's 70 lbs of weight would hold it very securely. The Griplock system rocks for ease in use. Push in a button and up and down goes the Tek. I move it all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.