Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 13.6%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What?! Wow that's amazing. But no way I'm joining one. Its not... true, you know?
Well its like 50/50 because I met someone on there yesterday and we met today and it was really cool. But thats why Im wondering what all the other teens think of this because I have seen many teens on other forums have problems getting dates and statistics is the best way to guide them.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yah I guess its real people... I always wonder if those people are happy on those commercials like eharmony.com. Of course they're actors (I think) but they got all that money to actually have a commercial because it works right?

I'm a helpless romantic and I don't think dating websites matching people up is.... true. It makes love too easy. But it DOES make love available to those who would not have it otherwise which is a great thing.

I just dunno. I think its not good to be on TEEN dating sites because we still have a lot of our life ahead of us and its not like we're 30 and single looking desperately for love before you get too old :p.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
safest thing for a teen to do is find out if any high schools near you have Facebook pages. you can continue to use Facebook when you enroll at the college of your choice and want to network with other students there. better still, join any after school program to meet like minded students. many schools and YMCA's continue to have such programs even during the summer recess.

·
Registered
452 Posts
:p Same same, Shumpei. I guess I'm either a romantic or a hard-grounded realist (haha, the irony of what I just said). Online relationship sites just seem ridiculous to me. A lot of the time, it's easier to project on the internet what you want to project yourself as. Hence, from the other side of the view, it's easier for you to get fooled. *shrug* I like being on the internet and all, but I usually leave internet matters at just that: the internet.

Now, the funny part for me is when I meet people I met online in real life. :p I usually have some preconceived notions about them and I find myself having to cross them out sometimes. And not to mention that I'm a bit awkward with people I don't really KNOW. :icon_redf :help:
SCAPE is exceedingly interesting for me because yes, it's a local club with lots of the people really near me, and yes, I've met some of the members face-to-face, but I usually talk with them online so... It blurs the usual distinction I have between online and IRL.

Bottom point, online and real life are usually a little too detached from each other for me.
So those "online dating sites" would never really work for me.

Edit: Facebook, I would say is different. Facebook friends are usually people you actually MET and KNOW (at least a little). I would never try to make a relationship happen over facebook though. :rolleyes: :flick:

·
Registered
159 Posts
i personally don't think teens should date. i think kids need to just hang out with friends and have fun and not take "dating" so seriously. the goal is to just meet people, not be on the prowl for someone to spend the rest of your life with. when you find that person, you'll know, but don't try to force it before your ready

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well kids go through love too, and can you stop it? Not the sexual desire but love. I don't agree with you Lucky_13. I think teens could date. Just not for the other reason. I think you're looking at a stereotypical view of teens. The "cool" kids. The fools I call them :-D.

·
Registered
159 Posts
no, i mean all kids. i don't think they should be so serious about highschool flings. the chances of a couple of 13 year olds dating, staying together, then growing up and getting married is essentially nil. i think its stupid that kids get these delusions that they're going to be together forever and that they LOVE that person, and that's their SOUL MATE, when they don't even know who THEY are on their own.

i think kids need to be kids, and to figure out their own life, their own goals, their own wants and needs and desires for their rest of their life WITHOUT a "mate" before they go and tie themselves to someone else who's just as insecure and lost as they are.

how can you expect to have a real relationship with another person when you don't even know who you are by yourself yet?

ther'es a line from a book, where the maid of the main character's mother is apointed a higher-ranking position. the main character and his friend are talking about it, and the friend says "I think she's starting to look at being something other than "Somebody's lady" or "Somebody's mother" and wanting to take a shot at being Somebody herself."

kid's shouldn't be worried about being "somebody's girlfriend/boyfriend" but more concerned about being Somebody them self.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no, i mean all kids. i don't think they should be so serious about highschool flings. the chances of a couple of 13 year olds dating, staying together, then growing up and getting married is essentially nil. i think its stupid that kids get these delusions that they're going to be together forever and that they LOVE that person, and that's their SOUL MATE, when they don't even know who THEY are on their own.

i think kids need to be kids, and to figure out their own life, their own goals, their own wants and needs and desires for their rest of their life WITHOUT a "mate" before they go and tie themselves to someone else who's just as insecure and lost as they are.

how can you expect to have a real relationship with another person when you don't even know who you are by yourself yet?

ther'es a line from a book, where the maid of the main character's mother is apointed a higher-ranking position. the main character and his friend are talking about it, and the friend says "I think she's starting to look at being something other than "Somebody's lady" or "Somebody's mother" and wanting to take a shot at being Somebody herself."

kid's shouldn't be worried about being "somebody's girlfriend/boyfriend" but more concerned about being Somebody them self.
I was going out with this one girl since 6th grade aand Im in the 11th but then something happened to her and lets leave it there. I think people(teens and adults) need to have someone there to encourage them through life and will be compassionate. And family dont always cut because some teen families have so many problems that they find safety in a relationship.

·
Registered
159 Posts
its fine to have friends, people you rely on for support and comraderie, but you shouldn't be out looking for a WIFE or a HUSBAND of a LIFEPARTNER when your still a kid trying to figure out who you are. i didn't go on a single date until i was 18 because i was still figuring out ME, i didn't have any desire to try and figure out someone else too, and then figure out "US". just way too complicated. just have friends, have fun, hang out, and don't take it too seriously.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
lol,internet people are easy not sure about the idea of teen dating sites

cause you still got college to go through
and for you. if your in a relationship for 6+ in ur teens it will get BORing

i agree with lucky, but there are some really hot girls out there, that you want to date,,like dude.. whoa

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol,internet people are easy not sure about the idea of teen dating sites

cause you still got college to go through
and for you. if your in a relationship for 6+ in ur teens it will get BORing

i agree with lucky, but there are some really hot girls out there, that you want to date,,like dude.. whoa
I actually never had a boring moment with my ex becaus we always tried new things and always had something to say to each other. And when we didnt we would just watch movies or go swimming or something. Boring was never in our lives.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hehe, we're trailing off the the debate of whether teens should even date or not :-D.

Yes I agree kids shouldn't be looking for wives or husbands or life partners, but I still think kids should be able to love freely and date freely.

But I think dating a girl because she's "hot" is retarded. Its ok to find them attractive. Just not enough to fall in love with just because of how "hot" they are. Or "beautiful"

I'm with you on this James.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
But I think dating a girl because she's "hot" is retarded. Its ok to find them attractive. Just not enough to fall in love with just because of how "hot" they are. Or "beautiful"
I hope I can interject some life (feeling old as dirt tonight) experience here.
Dating someone because they are hot IMHO is not retarded. However going long term, or getting married for that reason is. Looks fade, and you better hope you can have a conversation with the person after all is said and done, and if you can share the same kind of humor, bonus points.

Now, for any teens out there reading this: Go out as much as possible, have fun, share experiences, be prepared to move on to other "fish in the sea". Don't think long term yet. I know too may people who married their High-school or college sweetheart. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I've seen too many "they grew apart" stories lately.

·
Registered
159 Posts
that's what i was getting at. go out with people, but don't take it so seriously and tie yourself down to one person. the goal of dating is to meet as many people as possible and try to find one that you really like. don't limit yourself to the first person that comes along.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
rusting anything online though, thats just me.
I agree. I wouldn't trust anyone on a teen dating sight.. Get out and meet people, like REALLY!

Guys your teens, Girls are expensive let me leave it at that. Live a little, you're only young for so long.:icon_wink

For me the best part of ''teen love'' is betting how long it lasts, and usually I'm pretty accurate!

Now I have no problems with people dating, but the whole I LOVE them forever part... Get real.

As one of my friends says, You're in highschool to find bridesmaids not husbands.

-Andrew

Edit: yeah I voted NO! Along with many others:icon_smil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.