The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying my hand at a nano.

2.5g Marineland standard rimmed with glass cover
10" Catalina 2x18w PC fixture (with their 9000K and 11000K bulbs)
Tom Rapids Canister filter

Substrate is Floramax
Throw in a couple of cool stones

I'm dry starting some HC which is really filling in now.

I recently put in some S. Repens.

For fish, I am thinking I want to go with CPDs. I've never kept them and in think they would be neat. The current is going to be pretty strong though. So I have to see how that fish does in current.

I'm waiting to fill for when I complete a deal on SnS for a complete paintball CO2 system with a GLA reg and all the trimmings, including controller. I run a controller on my 30g and I love it.

Anyway, pictures:

FTS:

Angle:

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am sorry to ask, but why is this a high tech tank?
i believe that a high tech tank would have a complete fertilization system (something like ada aqua soil + bacter + penac + eca + brighty k + special lights +etc...), an external filter, external heater, substrate heater + temperature controller, complete co2 system including ph controller, high quality light ( usually HQI ).

CPD is not a great choice.. they are ultra shy..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the definition I always go by. High light, CO2 (I will have a controller), and ferts (EI). I have an external filter running on another tank while this one has a water shortage. I don't need any heaters, internal or external.

I've always seen high/low tech as a shorthand way of conveying how you are doing things. There is no right answer to "what is high tech". I get a kick out of the posts asking "is this high tech"?

It's relatively low tech now, in the dry start phase.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still dry starting. Since my CO2 system is in the mail, I modded the inlet and output tubes for the Tom filter. I'm 2 full months into the Dry Start and the HC is really growing well. It even flowered! The S. repens is also growing well.

Here it is now:

I was planning on Blyxa for the back side behind the S. repens, but I am afraid that might be too big. I want something with that look but smaller. It still needs to be taller that the foreground though. Maybe I should spin the tank around and use the S. repens as a background...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally! Water!

I settled on Blyxa for the back right. We will see how that goes.

I'm cranking the CO2, but it's clear that I need a more efficient diffusion method. I'm thinking a tiny Grigg reactor.

And after all the dry starting and messing... I think I need a larger rock.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why don't you just shoot your co2 into your filter intake and save the money on a reactor. So much light for 2.5g hahaha. And to whoever commented on cpd being shy, I read that too but put 7 unto my 36 bow front and they swim up to the glass when I'm around. Maybe i got lucky and got the partiers haha

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, it's a ton of light. I still need to mod the light to put on a second switch.

I think I'll try the CPDs. If they are shy then they'll get relocated.

Yeah, I think I'll move the diffuser under the intake. Worth a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.