The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud [sarcasm] owner of the Panasonic PT40LC12 rear-projection tv. Two weeks ago it died on me - bulb must have gone out, like two years ago.

I installed a new bulb - still no joy.

Digging around the net, I found a post of a technician pointing out to bad thermal cut-off, a.k.a. thermal fuse. I tested mine and seems to be bad. This small part is meant to protect the unit from overheating. Although Panasonic makes the part, they don't provide it as a replacement for this tv set. The alternative would be to buy the replacement circuit board which would cost $300+. The themal cut-off would cost only around $5.

The industrial part number for the cut-off is EYP2BN110 according to Panasonic's data sheet. It's rated for 115 C, 5A, 250V. However, I could only find it listed for wholesale.

Tomorrow, I will get a 5A regular fuse to confirm bad thermal cut-off.

I know it's a long shot, but anyone has one lying around or knows where to get it? :help:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works

Last night I replaced shot thermal fuse with a 5amp fuse. The unit came on. All I need now is to find thermal fuse with same of similar parameters as the original one because I really don't want to set the house on fire.

[EDIT]
The AVS forum seems to have tons of useless information, as after 30+ min of searching, I didn't come even remotely close to finding what I was looking for. That is not to say that that forum is bad.

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Only thing I found on the net for a fuse that close without going with a wholesale is 117C 10A at 250V for $1.25ea. and $3.99 for gift wrap.:hihi:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing I found on the net for a fuse that close without going with a wholesale is 117C 10A at 250V for $1.25ea. and $3.99 for gift wrap.:hihi:
I think thiat would work for me. The temperature control is what really matters in this case. Got a link or is that a thing available at the stores? I went to RadioShack but there weren't anything close to 115C, more like 220C and up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts