The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
mine sits at low 300s , I think of tds as more an indicator of stability, if gh/kh/tds/nitrate are all steady i figure im in a good place and my shrimp seem to agree.
One thing i would advise (you may already do it but it wasn't mentioned) is top up the tank with the RO/distilled before measuring and water changing to avoid mineral ppm creep from any evaporated pure water being replaced with remineralized water.

edit: kh6 gh8 nitrate 0 are the other numbers in my shrimp tank and my change water is 180ish (3:1 mix of RO and finest tap water)

·
Registered
81 Posts
sorry i should have said, mine are neos and the kh leveling effect of my substrate is long gone so my water is going to be bit harder hence being be about 70 tds above yours but if you have the key params spot on there is not much you can do to avoid a bit of tds pollution from botanicals and decor short of using a bare glass box so providing those key params are good I view the tds as a stability barometer rather than something to chase a specific value of that isn't natural to my tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts