The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for ideas on how to incorporate two names into a tattoo..
My cousin passed a week ago today and really want to remember him. He was only 24 when he died.. to young.

Im also wanting to put my Grandpas name in here along with his that passed before I was born.

Both loved to fish and I am a huge fisherman as well..

Any ideas as to incorporate them in here?? Its gonna be all black probably. Im leaning more towards initials beside from full name.

Thanks for any help..

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss :(

I'm not a big fan of lettering on skin, but the initials might look really nice in conjunction with a picture/symbol for each of them wound around each other. If you know where you're going to go, you might want to drop by and ask the artist what they may suggest, though you'd probably want to have an idea first.

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I am a huge fisherman myself.
I would go with the nice looking muskie picture and maybe initials on a added bucktail double blade spinner. With their initials in the spinner blades.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I am a huge fisherman myself.
I would go with the nice looking muskie picture and maybe initials on a added bucktail double blade spinner. With their initials in the spinner blades.
I never thought of the double blade with the initials on the blades.. awesome idea.. maybe like a cowgirl or something..

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think you should put one set of initials on the right side of the fish (towards the top) that's showing and another set on left side of the fish (towards the bottom). The way that picture is set up it would work perfectly. You could incorporate it with the coloring of the fish so that it's subtle yet noticeable at the same time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very sorry for your loss :-(

After knowing many, many tattoo'd people, and tattoo artists (as well as having several myself), I would say that your best bet would be to find the tattoo shop that you want to get the work done at, and have the tattoo artist sketch up a few ideas. Many times, the tattoo artist will come up with many clever solutions to your piece, as well as helping with some ideas that you may have not even considered.

It is imperative that you find a shop you trust - this artwork will be on your body for a very long time, so choose your shop wisely. Go into as many shops as you can, and ask to see the different artist portfolios. Judge a shop by the quality of work, the cleanliness of the shop, and most importantly - how they treat you as a potential customer

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very sorry for your loss :-(

After knowing many, many tattoo'd people, and tattoo artists (as well as having several myself), I would say that your best bet would be to find the tattoo shop that you want to get the work done at, and have the tattoo artist sketch up a few ideas. Many times, the tattoo artist will come up with many clever solutions to your piece, as well as helping with some ideas that you may have not even considered.

It is imperative that you find a shop you trust - this artwork will be on your body for a very long time, so choose your shop wisely. Go into as many shops as you can, and ask to see the different artist portfolios. Judge a shop by the quality of work, the cleanliness of the shop, and most importantly - how they treat you as a potential customer
Thank you..

I will ask them for some ideas as well.. I already know the shop im going to go to.. My brother got his from there and a couple of my buddies have some sick tattoos from the guy.. Plus the guy is a huge musky fisherman so i think it will work to my advantage..

thank you all for everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts