The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
If breeding is a goal then the most ideal situation is no target fish - just let them have the tank and do their thing. Otherwise I second zebra danios as fish which stay at the top and are very fast and tough.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
If breeding is a goal then the most ideal situation is no target fish - just let them have the tank and do their thing. Otherwise I second zebra danios as fish which stay at the top and are very fast and tough.
target fish strengthen the bond between a pair and makes the parents take much better care for their young when you're dealing with cichlids =p Personally I would use any larger bodied tetras like red eyes or buenos. tiger barbs work extremely well for me but I have larger cichlids than kribs gl

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Barbs are much more likely to get in their way and well doubtlessly eat the fry too.
you under estimate kribs =p they'll likely kill a school of barbs if they venture too close. when breeding I would compare them to convicts if not worse

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.