The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals,

Wanted to get your input on the tap water in the metro area (Detroit water) as far as plants go. It's certainly very good water for drinking, but how do you feel it is for plants? I've been having some issues with my tank (high tech) and I've been thinking about buying filters for my old RO unit just to eliminate another variable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look back in my past threads I was having a problem with leaves turning clear on my S. Repens, but many other plants too. I just restarted my tank completely after it was basically empty over summer. I used ADA Aquasoil this time around and I'm still dosing EI, pressureized CO2, medium-high light. I'm starting to see this happen again in totally new plants that have been in the tank for maybe 2 weeks. So it could well be a deficiency, or just shock, but I'm trying to see what has been constant between both renditions of the tank and tap water is one of those things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.