The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here feed this to their shrimp? If so, how do your shrimp like them? (These are the wafers, not the leaves)

Tantora Mulberry+ has every nutrient content of natural mulberry leaves and more. The tablet, made very convenience of use, contains several nutritional additives such as krill, spirulina, and Montmorillonite powder.

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
Probably not going to get anybody who has experience with these because these arent available in the USA. (yet) About the only place you may find them is e-bay for a bit more than I plan to sell them for.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not going to get anybody who has experience with these because these arent available in the USA. (yet) About the only place you may find them is e-bay for a bit more than I plan to sell them for.
If the shrimp like the + as much as they like the leaves I would be interested in getting some. When do you think you'll have it for sale?

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
I personally think leaves in general are better to feed, mainly because it allows more surface area for more shrimp, less fighting over food, less stress on the shrimp because of that, etc. But just my .02 as I have several aggressive types of shrimp.:)
+1. Leaves provide so more benefits over food of the same material.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm, I have several mulberry trees in my pasture, I hadn't thought to gather and either dry (like Indian Almond) or boil for a minute and freeze for feeding.

Is regular mulberry OK to feed? I keep looking at packaged food, so far none of my shrimp are interested at all, I must have a pretty good bio-film in place.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Regular mulberry? There are a few varieties, white and red, so not sure what you are calling regular but if its a mulberry it's fine to feed. Some feed dry (Tantora's leaves are dried) I feed fresh. I boil for one minute then freeze. I do a new batch every 6months. Mine don't go as nuts for mulberry as they do for stinging nettle. Mulberry leaves will sit in my tanks for about 10-12 hours before they start to devour it. But shrimp are all different, some won't touch it. If none of your shrimp are interested in it they either have enough biofilm or they have never been fed any normal foods. Some shrimp are fed only dried foods and it takes them a while to understand leaves and things like spinach and such.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Regular in Kansas are the purple fruit mulberry. They spread via birds and grow like crazy here. My mules enjoy them immensely in the summer when the fruit is ripe, as do I when I mow my pasture and stop for a snack! To know I can boil the leaves and feed my shrimp is great news!

Does anybody know if Osage Orange or more commonly called "Hedge" are liked by shrimp too? My 21 acres is surrounded by them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts