The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I will admit that I am weird. I like my fish to compliment each other color wise. They don't have to be the same color, but I want them to look good together. I have a spawning pair of Pelvicachromis Taeniatus "Kienke" that will be switching tanks soon, either into a 20L or a 29. I am looking for a school or group of fish that would be compatible and look good with the Kienkes. The male Kienke is a tannish gold color and has a bright pink strip along the dorsal and tail fins. The female is tan and yellow and, when in breeding coloration, gets an intense pinkish purple belly.

Does anyone know of any compatible fish that would look good with these fish?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that I may just do a school of threadfins. I have 2 of them in the tank with the kienke pair right now. They have some pink in their tail fins. I have been looking online, and I can't seem to find another fish I like that has the color pink somewhere on it... at least not any freshwater fish.

I will have to be able to find a place that carries them, though. No one around here seems to stock them regularly, and when I do seem them they are around $8 each. Does anyone know what size school they should be kept in? I am thinking that they will end up in the 20L, thought the 29 is still a possibility.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be careful mixing CPD's with kribs - the results might not be what you hope for.
You would be amazed by what mine are with right now. Other than the kienke pair, there are 2 different spawns from them (probably about 1/4 inch and around 3/4-1 inch), 12 blue emperor tetras, 2 threadfin rainbowfish, a clown pleco, and a betta. I won't even mention the size of the tank, because I don't want people to yell at me. I have to do massive water changes to keep the water quality good, but I have stayed on top of it so far. Hopefully some of the fish will be moving tanks here shortly. And, oddly enough, there is NO aggression in this tank at all. It is actually quite weird.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Which is why I say be careful and not don't do it - I've seen nasty kribs - also have a couple of pussycats of my own - but they do nip at the harlequins a bit when they get excited at feeding time.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, I had 4 regular kribs in a 29 by themselves for a while. They formed 2 pairs, and the bigger pair kept the other pair hiding in the floating plants all the time. Any time they peeked out, they were chased right back. The male in the dominant pair was the biggest krib I had ever seen. I ended up giving them away at a local meeting and tearing down that tank, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.