The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of setting up a 3 gallon tank with a single type of plant and some rocks/wood. I was thinking maybe Ludwigia repens? Do you think it could look nice? What other type of plants do you think would look nice?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lighting: 7w fl (which means I would have around 2.5wpg)
CO2: just liquid carbon
Ferts: Iron rich fert(also containing potasium and some other useful stuff)
Resident will be one Betta fish.

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Blyxa japonica, you can let some grow taller then others for more depth perception.
Bettas like broad leaf plants though. Anubius would be my other choice, if you like the looks.
If you like to experiment, Red tiger Lotus, to see if you can keep it small and compact. Dwarf Lilly is another one in a similar category - keep them with 1 or 2 floating leaves and your Betta will be happy.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
The anubias tank was nice. They are very easy to take care of and wont' require anything special. They prefer low light.

I'm also partial to crypts myself. Maybe some crypt parva will be a good size for your tank. They stay very small, and would look best with some hills/valleys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love Anubias, I have Anubias nana(1 plant that's kind of slow growing) and Anubias nana petite(3 plants and I would say each gets a new leaf about once every 2-3 weeks) in the 7gallon tank. That Anubias only tank is amazing, a 3 gallon wouldn't even be that hard to fill. One Anubias nana and a bunch of Anubias nana petite should do the trick :) I also love crypts, after the initialy melting, my Crypt wendtii brown is doing amazing, maybe I could do a combo of Crypto wendtii brown(or green) and Anubias nana petite? You gave me some great ideas everyone :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.