The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 85 gal. tank and stand about six months ago and it was graciously picked up and delivered by my son in laws while i was at work than life took over and due to a number of reasons like a new floor and back injury it has taken this long to get to it.I got some stick on led for under the cabinet like i use for my other tanks and went to put them in and i realized the stand does not have a solid bottom for the tank to sit on it is open and supported by the four sides of the tank as i guess is all that is important but it kind of freaked me out to see the bottom of my 700 lb. tank exposed.Have others seen this for a stand???

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Very common. Is this a standard rimmed tank? If so, then the only points of contact could be along the perimeter as the frame sticks out from the tank.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a standard rimmed tank.It's actually a 90 gallon tank built for short people like me so it is 22 in. tall instead of 24 and comes out to 83 gallons.The stand is specially built by Great Lakes Aquarium where I bought the tank.Thanks for the reply you would think that after 40 yrs. in the hobby i would know this but this is my first lg. tank...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.