The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I was crazy and used to do it every 1-2 Months,
but now that I stopped collecting plants and
instead am trying different growing patterns.
I give my plants a good 3 Months of peace,
and then only move them if I find a better spot.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Either when-ever I get tired of it, or more than usually, it takes about 4 months just to scape it, not including gathering all of the equipment! I like to take my time:icon_cool

·
Registered
89 Posts
renewed interest

I recently broke down almost all my tanks because I thought I was tired of keeping aquariums. At one point I had about five tanks and I got down to one. I gave away lots of fish and plants. But guess what--when the possiblility of recieving a new 40 gallon ADA tank as a gift came up I jumped at the chance, and now i'm all excited again. I realize now that leaving my old aquascapes up for a few years was not such a great thing because I had gotten bored and the tanks became a chore. We monkeys (what I call humans) are easily bored! Now I wouldn't wait so long to change... Fish and plants might not like it so much, but the aquarist sure does... and the fish have a better chance of keeping their home if the aquarist is happy. Maybe you are like this too!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
At first I would try and make a tank work till I could no more then tear it down.......now I just start a whole new tank altogether....much easier that way and not only can you try new scapes but new plants and fauna too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.