The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pictures are from Feb. 15 till now. First picture is the start with just artifical decor. Second picture is after I planted and still had artifical decor. Third is when I got rid of all the plastic crap. Last is this week! What do y'all think!?!

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
I honestly like all phases of your Tank. I can see your thought process from transitioning from a cichlid to a planted tank, which isn't the easiest to do.

IMO, I liked the look of the first rocks you had, they went really well with your white substrate and weren't as big as the new ones, and your cichlids probably appreciated them more. Any reason why you switched them out? Other than that I think you're doing a good job. The plants have definitely taken off and filled in well. Keep it up!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was tired of the artificial look. I wanted to make it look more natural. At first I was worried about taking out the other decoration because they provided a lot of places for my fish to hide. It didn't really change much because now the cichlids have hashed out there territories under the new rock and plants. My jack dempseys (biggest ones) took over the "caves" on the right and my jewel lives under the ludwigia, another lives under the crypts, others live in the moneywort, ect.

Bump: The tank is bigger in person then it looks in the photo. The tank is almost 2 feet tall and my biggest jack is 6 inches. Its surprising how much cover the plants give them when they want to hide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts