The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wtf is the deal with tank prices at big chain pet stores? Went to pet smart yesterday...
10gal 14.99
5gal 14.99
2.5gal 14.99

What sense does that make? I was planning on buying 8, 2.5's, but not for that price.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Chain stores don't care, they want the money and major chains, I.e. Petsmart (not. Review here) don't specialize in aquatics or small animals, so there prices aren't driven by the aquatic communi but rather a cooperate stand point, however a lot of places are doing price matching now

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The prices for 2.5's and 5's has always been disproportionate to the bigger sizes. The material is much cheaper for 10G's and smaller, but the labor and handling that goes into them is pretty much the same. You would expect a 5G to cost 1/2 of a 10G, but in terms of the manufacturer's cost, it's much closer.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Petco has thier $1 a gallon sale, better hurry think its in its last few days. Can't get below 10g but if you need a few 10s its better deal. Yea I get soo mad when they are that price...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Petco has thier $1 a gallon sale, better hurry think its in its last few days. Can't get below 10g but if you need a few 10s its better deal. Yea I get soo mad when they are that price...
Its only at certain petco locations, and not any of the ones with in 60 miles of me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts