The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm looking for advise and/or suggestions on overhauling my 5.5g marineland portrait tank. I plan to take out the false back wall and filtration and switch to either a small hob filter or small sponge filter, replace my currebt light with a fluval plant nano, also replace existing (about 1.5-2yr old) substrate (consisting of about an inch of soil with half inch cap of gravel) with fluval stratum. Be keeping all the plants (as well as getting more), my 4 strawberry rasboras, 2 cherry shrimp, and as many of the ram horn snails I can find. Would it be beneficial to me to also reuse the water from the tank so I dont lose quite so much of my good bacteria? I would also place the sponge thats currently in the filtration in the new setup for about a week or two so to help with said bacteria as well. I think this is about as good of a plan as I can come up with so please feel free to critique and offer advise. I'm also adding a picture of the tank from today (7/20/21) also and will post one after I complete the work to the tank, which might be a week or two still waiting for components to show up and finish my temperature controller/aquarium power supply.ll

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.