The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gallon (36''L x 12''W x 16''H). I used to run 2 x 39W T5HO. That fixture has since kicked the bucket and I now have a Finnex 247 Planted+ SE LED light. The color quality looks great and brightness to the naked eye is good. What I need to know is where on the lighting spectrum is this? I'm guessing in the medium light range. I definitely don't feel like this is a low light setup but idk if it is strong enough for a "high light" setup. I will be getting my CO2 system back up and running soon too. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
I have a 30 gallon (36''L x 12''W x 16''H). I used to run 2 x 39W T5HO. That fixture has since kicked the bucket and I now have a Finnex 247 Planted+ SE LED light. The color quality looks great and brightness to the naked eye is good. What I need to know is where on the lighting spectrum is this? I'm guessing in the medium light range. I definitely don't feel like this is a low light setup but idk if it is strong enough for a "high light" setup. I will be getting my CO2 system back up and running soon too. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Really somewhat depends on your def. of low/med/high but you can get an idea on it here:

It's not going to be as much light as the 2 t5ho tubes put out.
More info:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really somewhat depends on your def. of low/med/high but you can get an idea on it here:

It's not going to be as much light as the 2 t5ho tubes put out.
More info:
Well for now what I have on the way is some crypts, anubias, Java fern, which I think this setup would be fine for but I’d really like to try and add some carpet ground cover if I have the setup for it, maybe dwarf baby tears and possibly throw in some stems like stargrass or rotala at some point. I’m also a big fan of blyxa japonica if I can ever find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.