The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I am thinking about setting up a planted 30 gallon tall sometime soon. While considering a suitable location in my house, my wife started to wonder about the ability of our Pergo floors to support the tank. I initially squashed her fears by stating that "...the floor will be fine." Now, of couse, I'm wondering myself. So does anyone have any experience with a tank, complete with wood stand, on Pergo floors? I guess I'm mostly concerned with the floor being indented by the weight of the tank much as a carpet would be. I'm not really sure how solid these floors are. I also have some concern about water damage as I've heard from some that Pergo flooring and H2O don't mix well (I'm a chronic spiller). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I emailed Pergo the same question, they said it can stand something like
1000lbs per square inch and that my 75 gallon tank wouldn't be a problem.

My fathers house is wall to wall laminate and he has some pretty heavy radiators on top and there has been no problem.

Water isn't much of a problem, just wipe up any spills immediately

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I found th email

Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for contacting PERGO. We apologize for the delay in
responding to your e-mail. PERGO's direct-laminate products can withstand 1200
pounds per square inch. Our high-pressure laminates (PERGO Preferred
and Select) can withstand 2000 pounds per square inch. Therefore, our
flooring can withstand your 900-pound aquarium.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call us at
1-800-33-PERGO (800-337-3746).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have a 55 SW tank on pergo, just fine:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information everyone. If it can handle a 75 and a 55, mine should do just fine. I didn't even think to speak with the Pergo people directly. Nice call.

Now to get back to finding that ideal spot..........and growing endless forests of algae again. :icon_roll

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts