The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i woke up to my roomate sayign my tank was leaking, i got this 55 gal tank for free off craigslist, it had a leak, i ripped all the old caulk out of it and re caulked it with a ton of caulk, this morning it has a leak though, pretty slow but still a leak, im gettign a 40 gal in around 2 hours, but i have plenty of fish in there along with plants, what kind of water should i fill the new one up with i cant save more than a 5 gal bucket of the water of the cycled water, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
262 Posts
Most of your tank bacteria is not actually in the water it is in the gravel..decor..filter ect.....but putting larges amounts of new water might fluctuate ph but it shouldn't be to bad if u use tap water regularly...just acclimate fish slowly..hope this helps some

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well after hours and hours of bs'ing around with this 40 gal breeder tank, i finally got it how i like, had my fish and plants just chilling in a 10 gal all day while i played around with different aquascapes water is still a lil cloudy though, ill post pics when it clears up a lil more, im def pleased with it over my 55 though, its had a few nice scratches were annoyign to see and because it wasnt very deep it was a lil more difficult to arrange stuff how i wanted, i also had 2 whisper ex45s on it, one on each end so there was a good bit of water aggitation, now im using only one so theres not as much movement on the other end, i put my diffuser there idk if it helps being there or not but w/e now im in search for some lighting for the tank, whats everyone ideas for lighting on a 40 breeder, its 3 foot long for those who dont already know.

bummed out day turned out to pretty good =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.