The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the help of this forum I have a tank that is now cycled and ready for fish. My nitrates were 40ppm today, but I did a 50% water change and will test again tomorrow.

It is 3.5 gallons with aquasoil and I do use CO2.

I want to try Boraras merah, Boraras brigittae, or Celestial pearl danio.

Because of the size of the tank I'm not sure how many fish to buy and if it should be a combination of the above or just one species.

Please advise

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I looked those fish up and while small they are quite active and do better in larger groups. Maybe someone else can give better advice but I dont think that tank is quite big enough for those species. I dont think I would do it anyway.

·
Registered
405 Posts
After reading the bowl post above I am wondering if the fish I listed above will jump out - my tank is open at the top.
I've had fish find a way to just out of the smallest, most out-of-the-way opening. Don't know how they do it. :icon_sad:

Of the fish you mentioned, I'd be partial to Celestials, but I don't know if they're jumpers like other danios. I just think they'd look gorgeous in that setup.

Which, btw, you did a great job on. :proud:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.