The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often you clean your tank hoses that are connected to the lilly pipes? I usually do it every 2 weeks, so far it’s been 3 weeks without cleaning them. Asking to see if I could go longer and do it every month? Been cleaning lilly pipes every week in the tank.
I have 2 pairs of hoses, 2 sets of lilly pipes.
72 gallons tank

Thanks!!

·
Banned
628 Posts
My syphon hose needs to be cleaned. I have a tube brush that I was going to use to clean a camelback drinking tube but now I'm going to use it to clean my syphon hose. It's unsightly but I don't think it hurts anything. It's effluent water afterall. Nobody looks at my syphon hose. I would be in trouble if there were such a thing as an aquarium inspector. What about the hoses that aren't clear. I bet those are really dirty. Our neighbor has weekly gatherings. We once saw him rinsing a big colander of lettuce for his guests in the alley with the water hose. He wouldn't do that if the hose were clear and he could see how dirty it is. If I had a nice aquarium with lily pipes, I would clean the tank hoses regularly for a tank with viewers. Otherwise I would probably clean them every six months to a year.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cleaned them after 3 weeks, much better after cleaning as always. Takes me about 2-3 hours to do the 50% weekly water change and clean lilly pipes and hoses. Will go to 3 weeks instead of 2, waiting longer I do not see the purpose of having that equipment if it will look dirty.

Attachments

·
Banned
628 Posts
Ryo Watanabe has a great video on Youtube of Mr. Junichi Itakura's ADA Home Aquarium Gallery. Check out the part where you see Mr. Itakura's utility room. He has two sets of lily pipes for every aquarium! They are spotlessly clean ready to be changed out at next water change. This makes sense since it's a gallery people come to visit. At home, I just don't think it's as important. They're nice when they are clean though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cleaned them after 3 weeks, much better after cleaning as always. Takes me about 2-3 hours to do the 50% weekly water change and clean lilly pipes and hoses. Will go to 3 weeks instead of 2, waiting longer I do not see the purpose of having that equipment if it will look dirty.
Looks fab and spotless. Nice job.

Ryo Watanabe has a great video on Youtube of Mr. Junichi Itakura's ADA Home Aquarium Gallery. Check out the part where you see Mr. Itakura's utility room. He has two sets of lily pipes for every aquarium! They are spotlessly clean ready to be changed out at next water change. This makes sense since it's a gallery people come to visit. At home, I just don't think it's as important. They're nice when they are clean though.

Thanks for sharing the video. Was a cool watch. Inspiring tanks and great organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.