The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: Sulawesi shrimp. Varieties: Cardinal shrimp, celebes beauty (harlequins), yellow striped (yellow cheeked), red orchid, red-striped shrimp. Please do your research before trying these shrimp. They are a delicate species.

Details: These shrimp are completely captive-bred and tank raised from an imported collection. I have about 400+ of each species.

Price: I will be selling lots of 20 shrimp of any variety for $100. Only shrimp larger than 1/4" will be included in the count; any baby shrimp are included au gratis.

Shipping: There will be NO shipping. I do not have time to ship, thus the low price of these shrimp for local pick-up.

Payment: Non-refundable payments via PayPal to reserve your shrimp are accepted. Cash at time of pick-up is also accepted.

Pictures: Shrimp pictures can be found in my previous posts.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm with all the above comments!!!!! They have been my latest reading obsession.

If you really wanted to torment us more you would post some pics here LOL

As always...Karen

·
Registered
801 Posts
Quick question: Do you keep these shrimp in the same tanks? Also, what are you water parameters? I am very interested and can travel to get some. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments.

Quick question: Do you keep these shrimp in the same tanks? Also, what are you water parameters? I am very interested and can travel to get some. Thanks.
In the breeding tanks, they're separated. However, in my shrimp display tank, these are mixed with RCS and CRS. These are third/fourth/beyond generation captive bred shrimp so they're hardy. Not much, if at all, any harder to keep than your average A-grade CRS.

My current breeding tank parameters are kH/gH of 5-6, pH of 8, and temperature of 80*F. My display tank has the same parameters except I keep the temperature at 76*F.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Ding dang it! Been lookin fer cardinals and you have to be in CA.

Best of luck to ya....keep it on top for a great deal.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Thanks for the bump, Andrew.

Life goes on whether you like it or not, so I'll be moving away for a job. Plus, I'm looking for a new hobby.
Well thats not bad per say. I was hoping it wasn't like you were about to die or something..

Part of me knows what you mean about a new hobby...

Then the other part tells me I have miles to go before I sleep:hihi:

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well thats not bad per say. I was hoping it wasn't like you were about to die or something..
If I were, the last thing I'd be worrying about is selling off some shrimp. :p

Part of me knows what you mean about a new hobby...

Then the other part tells me I have miles to go before I sleep:hihi:
I first started out in the hobby because it intrigued me. But once I could finally figure out how to get scapes I enjoyed, I stayed in because of the people and community.

Honestly, the forums and community aren't what they used to be and I no longer have neither a reason nor the drive to either share or learn any knowledge or experience with anyone else.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Honestly, the forums and community aren't what they used to be and I no longer have neither a reason nor the drive to either share or learn any knowledge or experience with anyone else.
That's just too bad epic. Sad to say the least, but hey life goes on like you said. I'm in the beginning phases of this hobby I'd say so the drive is still there, but I know exactly what you mean about forums and community. I've been in other forums and with new people always popin in and older members dropping off, it's never a consistent community and things just start to become repetitive and boring. New hobbies are always good. Always a good feeling when you can empty your pockets to something you really like.

Good luck to you man.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
While I think these forums are a great place for information they might actually accelerate burn-out.Think back to the 60's-90's, the learning process was much slower since it was harder to find information other than a few mostly years out of date books. Now we seem to go from 0-60 in a flash. If you could set up a reef or planted tank and have everything be just perfect from day one that would take much of the satisfaction out of it. Not suggesting that's how it is but I doubt it could get any closer.

SteveU

·
Registered
602 Posts
you should post on the SAPS forum and yahoo groups site im sure vaughn or tom would be interested or willing to get the word out to other local sacramentans

·
Registered
427 Posts
epicfish, I bought RCS from you a while back and they are FANTASTIC, breeding like crazy now.

I hope you stay at least moderately active on the forums--i.e. selling awesome things like this still at incredible prices.

Since I live in the Bay Area I am seriously considering stopping by to make a purchase of some of these from you. My water parameters are ideal for my CRS and it sounds like your Sulawesi are a hardy bunch. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm with you there! This is only one of 2 hobbies where I participate in forums. The other is my main thing, has been for years, and I'm an expert. That said, if a newbie asks for help and I give it, 9 times out of 10 somebody pops up and says "no, that's wrong."

Helloooo it's NOT wrong. And usually the person arguing with me is fairly new themselves... and knows next to nothing.....

Anyway, forums aren't what they were b4... still sorry to see you go, and hope you find something worthwhile.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.