The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people consider the aspect ratio of their tanks when forming ideas on how to aquascape? I had a 20L with a scape that worked. I am now trying to come up with ideas for my 29g tank. They have the same footprint, but the added height seems to lend itself to a different design than the 20L had. What are other's experiences with this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh yeah. I, too, went from a 20 long to a 30g tall. Mostly because I really wanted the height for more flexibility in plants and layout, and also the added water volume. Completely changed how I thought about the layout and the aesthetics and just the visual balance.

Now I'm planning a move up to a 3-foot, 60 gallon tank, and I went a bit overboard considering the properties as I designed the stand. I was thinking all about golden ratios and pleasant proportions and just took it way too far, I think.

But yeah, I'm not going to try and just repeat the layout of my 30 gallon, only upsized for the 60 gallon scale. It'll be a totally new aquascape once I start setting that up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.