The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the tanins have any affect on lighting and if so how much???
Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have 4 T-5's 1-460 blue, 1-14k (75/25), 1-6.5k GE and 1-11k. I can change out bulbs for different K ratings and could even add more bulbs but I dont think that would be a good idea, I have the bulbs mounted about 8-9 inches above the water.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the tanins that was why I was asking. I know I can get rid ot it just by running carbon or at least I have in the past.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Just keep in mind that the tannins will not always be the same concentration in the tank, especially around water changes. I think you can make it work, though I probably wouldn't try to keep a carpeting plant in a heavily-tannined (is that a word?) tank.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont have any carpeting plants at least I dont think I do, just the dwarf sag. I dont plan on letting the tank get to dark just a mild staining. I was just useing almond leaves for about 10 days and then added a small amount of peat pellets to the filter and have my PH down to about 7.1 and it started out at about 7.8 about 3 weeks ago. I hope I can keep the PH around 7.0 with the peat, almond leaves and useing RO/DI water mixed with Tap water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.