40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tangled Roots

Tank: L60xl40xH40

Filtration: Eheim 2213 (classic 250) , filled with Seachem Matrix

Light: ADA Aquasky 601

Substrate: Ada Amazonia + ADA Colorado Sand

Hardscape: typical rock , Reed Moor

Plants: Staurogyne , Microsorum Pteropus sp. Trident , Microsorum Pteropus Narrow leaves, Hydrocotyle tripartita, Juncus repens , Cryptocoryne brown , Bolbitis heudelotiii , Lagenandra meeboldii Red , Monte Carlo , Parvula Mini ,Ammania bonsai, Bucephalandra Theia Purple , Buce. Theia, Buce. Mini chaterine , Buce. Black chaterine , Buce. Biblis red , Buce.Lamandau red , Buce. braun-rot narrow , Buce. Wavy Leaf , Buce. Mini Neadle Leaf , Buce. Green Velvet

Fertilization: Dennerle Scapers Green , EasyCarbo , Green Auqa Macro (I will change to Dennrle NPK), ADA Bacter Ball (addition of bacteria) , Tropica nutrition capsules , Dennerle PlantaGold 7

CO2: pressurized , using Tropica 3-in-1 diffuser

Livestock: Ember Tetra , Otocinclus Affinis , Brachygobius xanthozona , Nannostomus beckfordi , Amano Shrimps and Assassin snails

First step 02.04.2016, taking care of the hardscape:

After first week, 09.04.2016 ( day 7) , with a little mucus on the roots:

Finally I managed to take out the rocks that were holding the wood in place, and it looks like this (Day 33) :

Day 68:

Here it is , day 76 :

17.06.2016 by Bogdan

So what do you think :grin2: ?!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tangled Roots

Tank: L60xl40xH40

Filtration: Eheim 2213 (classic 250) , filled with Seachem Matrix

Light: ADA Aquasky 601

Substrate: Ada Amazonia + ADA Colorado Sand

Hardscape: typical rock , Reed Moor

Plants: Staurogyne , Microsorum Pteropus sp. Trident , Microsorum Pteropus Narrow leaves, Hydrocotyle tripartita, Juncus repens , Cryptocoryne brown , Bolbitis heudelotiii , Lagenandra meeboldii Red , Monte Carlo , Parvula Mini ,Ammania bonsai, Bucephalandra Theia Purple , Buce. Theia, Buce. Mini chaterine , Buce. Black chaterine , Buce. Biblis red , Buce.Lamandau red , Buce. braun-rot narrow , Buce. Wavy Leaf , Buce. Mini Neadle Leaf , Buce. Green Velvet

Fertilization: Dennerle Scapers Green , EasyCarbo , Green Auqa Macro (I will change to Dennrle NPK), ADA Bacter Ball (addition of bacteria) , Tropica nutrition capsules , Dennerle PlantaGold 7

CO2: pressurized , using Tropica 3-in-1 diffuser

Livestock: Ember Tetra , Otocinclus Affinis , Brachygobius xanthozona , Nannostomus beckfordi , Amano Shrimps and Assassin snails

First step 02.04.2016, taking care of the hardscape:

After first week, 09.04.2016 ( day 7) , with a little mucus on the roots:

Finally I managed to take out the rocks that were holding the wood in place, and it looks like this (Day 33) :

Day 68:

Here it is , day 76 :

17.06.2016 by Bogdan

So what do you think :grin2: ?!
I like it a lot !!!
Very nature looking !!
Good job !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful, I love the look. Especially how the plants grow out of the hardscape like that.
Thanks , that was the main idea so it look more natural. :grin2:

Very nice! First pic of just the wood had me thinking maybe no. Third and fourth pic made me jealous.
Yep ,I had also that feeling when I looked for the first time at the hardscape as being created...but then I managed to see the bigger picture. :grin2:
Glad you like it.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Wow, I have a tank with the same dimensions. Never thought it would photograph that well, Only have two angels, a tile, and a java fern in there though.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,
I'm back with a short update.

I increased the dose of fertilizer Dennerle Scaper Green at 4 ml/day, Dennerle NPK Booster at 4ml/day and Easy Carbo at 5 ml/day , also the addition of CO2 to 3 bps, I had some problems with Fuzz algae . Now it appears that is giving back, I tend to think that 2 bps was not enough although the permanent CO2 test was yellow when I was using 2 bps .

I also added a few new plants here and there, including Anubias Nana Pinto and Pangolino .

And here's the pic taken with my phone on 25 sep , hope you like it:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's a photo taken on 28.11.2016 , hope you like it:

I have a little algae here and there because I was making changes to fast and all at the same time :D like playing with the CO2 addition , ferts and light.
But for sure that I will manage to get rid of them with good maintenance , nutrients balanced and stable CO2 addition. :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Tanks like these make me look at my tank and go meh. haha. In all seriousness though, great scape and overall great looking tank. I hope i can have a scape like yours later in the future.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tanks like these make me look at my tank and go meh. haha. In all seriousness though, great scape and overall great looking tank. I hope i can have a scape like yours later in the future.
Haha , thanks ! :) ...I know very well that feeling when you're looking at beautiful tanks and yours ... well, it's not so much :)) .
Just put passion in what you're doing and you'll get there eventually ! ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts