The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome pictures and news. Congrats.

So are all water parameters the same as your previous tank? Main difference is you have no algae this time around?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Great looking shrimp! How did the algae infestation kill your shrimp the first time around?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
778 Posts
This is looking great! Glad to see your shrimp are doing so well after that algae bomb experience, that's still crazy to me that happened. If anything we all learned a valuable piece of info from it though. Who knows how many future shrimp you saved for people :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Today I found a nice surprise!! Babies!!!!
It's been 32 days since the first berried female was discovered in the tank. I have 4 berried females and all of them are still carrying eggs. So, I'm not 100% sure from which one these babies hatched from. This made my day! :icon_smil

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Back on 3/29/14 I added one female mischlnig. I noticed when I added her there looked to be a single egg attached to her. But I wasn't sure if it was an egg or not since there was only one. Yesterday I saw a small juvenile mischling crawling around the tank about half the size of all the others. That one egg hatched. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
OOOO that is very cool looking! Maybe it will turn out to be something different and unique :D Glad to see your having so much success with this tank! I have learned so much from your threads, honestly.

My first bee tank is finally cycled, now i just need to get livestock (come onnnnn speedie :D lol ) I cant wait to try my hand at TB's!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
OOOO that is very cool looking! Maybe it will turn out to be something different and unique :D Glad to see your having so much success with this tank! I have learned so much from your threads, honestly.

My first bee tank is finally cycled, now i just need to get livestock (come onnnnn speedie :D lol ) I cant wait to try my hand at TB's!
Thanks for the kind words. It is a constant learning experience with shrimps. I wish you luck with your tb's and hope you post up some pics of your tank. :proud:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts