The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in January I thought it would be a good idea to house som TB shrimp in an algae infested tank. :eek: Boy was I wrong! Bad idea:thumbsdow Within 3 days all my shrimps were dead. The algae had killed all my shrimp. Lesson learned! Although I failed at my first attempt in keeping them I'm glad I posted about it. I think I prevented other people from trying the same thing. Well, a member here offered me some free TB's to try again with. What a great guy! Thanks again Plamen!:thumbsup: I received them last week and I'm glad to say they are all doing fine. I actually purchased a few extras and keep the shadow pandas along with a couple higher grade blue bolts in one tank and the lower grade bb's in another. Here's a few pics of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to post a quick update on my tb's. After introducing these guys to my tank just a month ago, today I found two berried females. Two of my pandas are all plumped up with eggs. It's a bit more difficult to tell when a tb is berried as opposed to crs. However, This made my day!

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This tank doesn't photograph well to me. Looks better in person imo. This tank has an upper an lower level which is divided by the lavarock wall. In between the rock I stuffed little piece of mini pelia everywhere. It'll look cool in a year or two. I also added carbon bamboo tubes inbetween the rocks for shrimps to hide in. Once I trim the hairgrass you'll be able to see them.
The manzy branches are covered in fissendens which are still growing in.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts