The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is 2.16 WPG enough to grow any plant. i was told that this is enough to even grow any high light plant long as i complete their needs such as co2, fertilizers etc. i was also told that WPG rule is myth and it doesn't apply to modern light technology such as T5HO, as they put very strong light for plants compare to any other type of lights. i was told that even 2.16 WPG is very strong light for any plant. i use 10,000k and plant bulb ( it got pink color to it). i have also heard that kelvin is just for a look and Spectrum is more important for plants.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If your light will be no more than about 24 inches from the substrate you should have all the light you need for any plants. Even with a 30 inch distance from the bulb to the substrate you could grow most plants, as long as you use good CO2. And if the tank is no more that about 16 inches front to back, you should have good enough uniformity of the light across the substrate. I think your bulb choices are good, and the "color temperature" in degrees Kelvin is little more than an advertising gimmick, just slightly related to the actual light spectrum of the bulb.

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there

If your light will be no more than about 24 inches from the substrate you should have all the light you need for any plants. Even with a 30 inch distance from the bulb to the substrate you could grow most plants, as long as you use good CO2. And if the tank is no more that about 16 inches front to back, you should have good enough uniformity of the light across the substrate. I think your bulb choices are good, and the "color temperature" in degrees Kelvin is little more than an advertising gimmick, just slightly related to the actual light spectrum of the bulb.

thank you for the extra info. i wont call my self any good at this stuff because im still having problem about understanding the fertilizers. because most of my plant wont grow at all and thread alage or green algae(i think this is due to lack of water flow in my tank) is the serious probelm. anyway can you please help me understand the information which i will send you to private messege because it wont let me post any link here for some reasons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts