The Planted Tank Forum banner

T5H0 bulbs and Current Usa Nova

5737 13
I just Bought a Freshwater version Of Current Usa Nova T5HO 24wattx2. i want to know if i could buy a giesemann midday bulb to replace the freshwater bulb. Will it work with my system or will i have to buy a current slimpaq 6700k bulb? Also on my other aquarium i have a coralife 96 watt cf. can i buy a different brand bulb because coralife have expensive bulbs. it has a square pin confiq. please post websites if you know any.

Thanks
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I currently have a T5HO fixture on which I used Hagen LifeGlo bulbs when I first set it up. Now I'm using a Giesemann Aquaflora/Midday combo and it's by far my favorite of what I've used. It's no where near as green as the LifeGlo bulbs and looks a lot more natural to me. All Middays looks good too but tossing in an Aquaflora seems to bring the reds out a bit more.

My only PC experience was with the 6700k Coralifes so I probably can't tell you anything you don't already know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet. Right now i have the current 10k bulb mix with a freshwater bulb. i really dislike the pinkish look of the freshwater bulb. I do have a noob burst with a 6700k which makes the tank look better. im just planning to remove the pink bulb and replacing it with a giesemann midday bulb.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the Current T5HO with 10k bulb and Freshwater "Pink" bulb, both 24 watts
Notice the strong Pink hue.
Substrate is Flourite Dark

With Noon Burst 15 watt lifeglo screw in bulb

The noon Burst bulb alone. The fish have been removed for the shrimps

Lol the BBA dying. its all red

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im changing it because i don;t like the look of the pink bulb. im going to change it to a 6700k bulb. this may affect the growth of the plants for the better as i don't know the light spectrum of the pink bulb. 6700k T5HO is the bulb that simulates plant growth. im most likely getting a giesemann 6000k midday bulb. this look will have a yellowish hue.

This will be running this with the current usa 10k bulb which appear to be blue. mixing blue and yellow will give me the better appearance i want for my aquarium. I also use a screw in type bulb which have a spectrum of 8000k. Therefore my tank will be more on the white side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.