The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello eveyrone I took of the MH set up that I have because it was just to much money to keep it running for 7-8 hours a day. I went and got one tek set up and I want one more because the tank is 26 inches wide. Im trying to see what other fixtures out there thats similar to tek but dont cost as much. Im asking this because the tek that I got was only 150 bucks with bulbs from a doctor. I went to look online and theyre just to much. Anyone have information on set ups simliar to the Tek brand but dont cost as much?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What are the tank's dimensions? Gallons, length, height, depth?
A less expensive T5 with some of the bulbs (they come with four bulbs but two are actinics which have to be ditched) is a Current Nova Extreme T5. Or you could check out Aquarium Hobby Supply. Kim there has great power compact kits.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my tank dimension is 64x26x26.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe its 180. Yeah I think imma get that Current set up. So the 2 1000k bulb are not freshwater. I thought I only have to replace 2 now 4 lol.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
wow huge tank, how many gallons?
You know you can do all sorts of conversions and math right on google's search line right? Just type into google's search "convert 64 in * 26 in * 26 in to gallons" and see what it says. Pretty close. Of course the given dimensions are almost always exterior, so the volume of water will always be less, but you get the idea.

I believe its 180. Yeah I think imma get that Current set up. So the 2 1000k bulb are not freshwater. I thought I only have to replace 2 now 4 lol.
I'd leave the 10k's in there, they are fine for freshwater. Many will just swap the actinics for something like 6700K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.