The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this fixture a while back. They're 4 39w. I replaced two of them with the power glo bulb (it's pink/red).

My question is....will the power glo have the same intensity? I noticed also that the tank got a little dimmer. I'm a total noob when it it comes to lighting.

Thanks

Lissette

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
The light is the same intensity as far as the plants are concerned, just it may look dimmer to your eye b/c the light is a different (darker) color.

If you don't like the look in there now, you might replace one of the PowerGlos with a 10,000k bulb- those give out a crisp, white color.

It's really just about your personal taste more than anything else.

I happen to like the PowerGlos, myself- and have them in most of my tanks in combo with other bulbs.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The light is the same intensity as far as the plants are concerned, just it may look dimmer to your eye b/c the light is a different (darker) color.

If you don't like the look in there now, you might replace one of the PowerGlos with a 10,000k bulb- those give out a crisp, white color.

It's really just about your personal taste more than anything else.

I happen to like the PowerGlos, myself- and have them in most of my tanks in combo with other bulbs.
iirc, aren't the powerglos rated at 12,000k? aren't they more bluish-white, not pink?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lauraleellbp thanks for your response.

I do like the color of the tank. It just looks a bit dimmer.

The plants are growing great and the fish are in good health. I finally believe I've got this 4 wpg planted tank in good balance. It's about time too.

Lissette:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.