The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 "cube" with the measurements 30x30x20. It used to be a reef tank with 4 24" 24watt T5s on it.

In the reef community ATI blue+ bulbs are pretty much the standard "best" bulb out there.

Is there an equivalent bulb in the plant community? I have one GE 6500k bulb in my fixture, two ati blue+, and one purple+. I assumed I could keep the 6500k, get a 10k, and then two of some kind of grow bulbs.

I plan on running co2 so I'm not concerned it's going to be too much light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I use ATI blue special, purple plus, Geismann midday, Geismann Aquaflora, and UVL red sun. I have 6x 54 over my 90 gal. and I like the color combo I get from using that combo of bulbs. There is other good bulbs out there but I have had good luck with ATI, Geismann, and UVL. It might take a little trial and error to see what looks good to you. Wavepoint bulbs are another that I will be trying some time soon.

·
Planted Tanker
6,059 Posts
Im using one Coralife 10000K and one Trulumen Flora on my 75 gal. Also have a generic 6500K that I use sometimes instead of the 10K, because I can never decide which combo I like best. I wish my fixture held three bulbs then I would use all of them, or four bulbs then I'd throw an actinic blue in there too, but I digress...lol

Here's a shot of the tank with the CL 10K and TL Flora. I suck at taking pictures but the color rendition here is pretty accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.