The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 110 g tank {60x18x24} with a canopy ,
I have 6 t5 54w 48inch {3 Ballasts 2 Bank each and 3 power cords } with each own reflectors , Each one staggered end to end to light the ends .
The timer is set Front and Back lights to come for 9hr and the center 3hr and my CO2 is set for 11hr { hour before and after the lights come on and off }

Is this to much light? Should I change my timer 8/2 , 9/3 , 10/4 or should I drop down to 4 t5's ?

Like to here your thoughts on the matter Thanks.

:proud:

Here is my latest pic! Looks like I could use a new coat of paint! So what would you think how many hours should be for 4 lights , I do got some fret's {kno3,po4,iron} an co2 and would like to try some HC plants for my Foreground to start, I have a log with a lot of Petite Nana growing like crazy! and would like to try also some forum of Blyxa.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I doubt there's any need to run all 6. I'd run 4 and see how it goes.

Depending on your plants, you may only need to run 2 most of the time and then add a short "burst". Or if it's heavily planted and has some light-hungry plants, run 4 most of the time and 6 for a short "burst."

Based on my own experience with T5HOs, I suspect you'll end up wanting less light than more, and shortening your photoperiod over time, however.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I certainly agree with LauraLee. Depends on what you are trying to grow I am certain. Are you fertilizing? With that much potential light and co2 then ferts will only help in your efforts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts