The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking for a more efficient lighting system for a 10 gallon iwagumi I'm setting up, don't want the bulkiness and heat from power compacts and smallest T5 I can find within a reasonable price are 24", a bit too long for me...

Anyway, in my searching I came across and was recomended to try T2 lighting, normally sold for undercabinet lighting, it supposedly has 70% higher light output than T5... it only comes in 13 watts though... do you think 1 13 watt T2 light would be good for an iwagumi, if a T2 light would work at all?

Alex

·
Registered
302 Posts
t2's look boss! but pricey. i only found 1 company that sells 6500k bulbs most fixtures come with 3000k or 4100k that being said there are a lot of cool under cabinet fixtures that could be diy'd into cool tank fixtures and i found alot of cool picture illuminating fixtures that could probably be attached to a tank i would also have to imagine the ballast would still get a little hot my t5 no fixture gets pretty warm! anyway cool idea t2 fixtures would probably look nice on a tank they would leave a lot of the top open there so slim like to see them if you go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts