The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

i have planted around 5 cups of Monte Carlo tissue culture cups about a week ago. The plants weren’t doing too well when they arrived. They have since shown new healthy growth but still have a lot of melted translucent leaves. I tried to remove some but they haven’t rooted fully yet and get uprooted easily.

Will this be a problem? Could this cause a prolonged ammonia release from all the decaying leaves?

I was also thinking about adding amano shrimp in hopes of them consuming the dead leaves. But I also read that they will just eat the whole plant if it shows sign of decay.

i have attached some pictures below.

Interesting note: the melting leaves are still pearling. This indicates photosynthesis.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Leave it alone. You can replant if anything drifts away.

The bioload on a few stems and leaves is pretty low but if you get an ammonia spike then do a small water change. The plant is transitioning from emersed growth so melt is normal. I would keep everything the same if you see new growth, you don't want to disrupt it too much.

Honestly it looks healthy, with new growth at the substrate and several nodes higher up

·
Registered
304 Posts
Leave it alone. You can replant if anything drifts away.

The bioload on a few stems and leaves is pretty low but if you get an ammonia spike then do a small water change. The plant is transitioning from emersed growth so melt is normal. I would keep everything the same if you see new growth, you don't want to disrupt it too much.

Honestly it looks healthy, with new growth at the substrate and several nodes higher up
Do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.